The beginning of November is typically the time people start to get their homes ready for holiday decorating. A lot of times they find their home is cluttered with old and outdated items they need to get rid of to make room for this year’s decor. The holidays can be stressful enough as is, you don’t want to add a home clear-out on top of it. So if you’re hosting the holidays this year, whether it be Thanksgiving, Christmas, or NYE, rely on PWI for a house clear-out!
Areas to Focus on:
- Living Room: You want your guests to be able to relax and enjoy the holiday party. If there’s lots of clutter in the room, that may be difficult. Evaluate your room and decide if there’s any large and unneeded items that can be removed. For example, maybe your TV can be mounted on the wall, meaning the entertainment center can go. Or maybe there’s some outdated furniture pieces you’ve been meaning to get rid of for a while. This is now the time! Clearing out your living room can make you feel better, even long after the party’s over.
- Guest Room: Many people use their guest rooms as additional storage. If your family or friends are staying over for the holidays, it might be hard for them to get comfortable if the bed is covered in junk or the closet is stuffed full with old stuff. Take this opportunity to eliminate unnecessary clutter. Often times we don’t even realize how much old junk we have that hasn’t even been touched in years. If it has no sentimental value, consider tossing it!
- Kitchen: This is an area that often gets overlooked during a clean-out. People just assume they regularly use everything in their cupboards, but that’s rarely the case. Look for anything that might be broken, or hasn’t been used in years. Tupperware collections can get rather large without us realizing it as well. Having a clear and newly organized kitchen will make cooking a large holiday meal much easier.
- Basement/Attic: These areas are where the majority of people store holiday decorations during the year. When new decorations get added to the collection, the old ones are usually just forgotten. Take advantage of the full house clear-out to go through everything stored in your basement and attic and eliminate any outdated or broken items. Even though your guests won’t be seeing these areas, having them clear have many benefits. You can learn more about the importance of attic cleaning here.
Junk Removal with PWI
At PWI we specialize in bulk pickups and house clearouts! We understand that when it comes to junk removal, you don’t want just anyone in your home. As a locally owned and operated company, all our professionals are background-checked, use extra care when navigating items out of your home, and are insured for your safety. Additionally, we donate gently used furniture to the less fortunate — often directly through churches and community organizations.
With PWI your junk can be gone in just 3 steps:
- Pick a day and time.
- We call 15-30 minutes before arrival.
- We take your junk.
So start getting your house ready for the holidays! See a full list of our junk removal services, get a quick estimate with our junk removal calculator, or request a quote today!